Taking Care of Our Community After a Crisis
As our community reacts and responds to the tragedy that we experienced here, know that we are here for you.
Looking for emotional support? Please call 269-381-HELP in Kalamazoo County | Call 1800-649-3777 in Calhoun County | Call 1-800-922-1418 in VanBuren County | Call 1-800-717-3812 in Berrien County |
Please Dial 2-1-1 for access to local services including crisis, trauma, and grief services.
Prefer to text? Text HELLO to 741-741 to reach the Crisis Text Line.
It is common to experience a variety of emotions following such a traumatic event, including shock, sorrow, numbness, fear, anger, grief, & others.
Please reach out and get the support you need. For more information about crisis services and the helpline click here. You will find some resources to use and share below.
- Tips for Survivors of a Disaster or Other Traumatic Event: Managing Stress
- Tips for Survivors: Coping With Grief After Community Violence
- Tips for Survivors of a Disaster or Traumatic Event: What to Expect in Your Personal, Family, Work, and Financial Life
- Tips for Talking With and Helping Children and Youth Cope After a Disaster or Traumatic Event: A Guide for Parents, Caregivers, and Teachers
- Tips for College Students: After a Disaster or Other Trauma
- Managing Your Distress in the Aftermath of a Shooting
- How to Talk to Children About Difficult News and Tragedies
- From The Office for Victims of Crime: Support for Shooting Victims in Kalamazoo, MI
Gryphon Place Helping Those in Conflict & Crisis
Gryphon Place has been serving our community since 1970 as the place where people turn when they need help. People of all ages and walks of life call us when life gets tough. We listen and respond with compassion and empathy. Our programs help those facing life challenges whether you are in crisis, don't know where to find help, or in need to resolve a conflict.
Get connected with 2-1-1
Dial 2-1-1 for information and referral services and get connected to community resources. A community resource advisor is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week to help you find answers, whether it's assistance with food or in paying heating bills, mediating conflicts, fighting drug addictions, or any number of issues that so many in our community face.
The 24-hour HELP-Line: 269-381-HELP (381-4357)
Dial 381-HELP for help, even if you think there's no way anyone can help you. There is someone you can reach out to in those times when you feel desperate, overwhelmed, emotional, or hopeless. There is someone who will listen, who can help you sort through your thoughts, who can let you know where you can turn for help or can directly send help to you, or can show you compassion and empathy to help get you through the moment, the hour, the night.