Wed, Sep 14|
Adult Mental Health First Aid
Mental Health First Aid for Adults teaches people how to recognize signs of mental health or substance use challenges in adults.
Time & Location
Sep 14, 2022, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Gryphon Place, 3245 S 8th St, Kalamazoo, MI 49009, USA
About the event
Join us at Gryphon Place for a FREE Adult Mental Health First Aid Training! In this one-day class you will learn how to recognize signs of mental health or substance use challenges in adults ages 18 and older, how to offer and provide initial help, and how to guide a person toward appropriate care if necessary. Topics covered include anxiety, depression, psychosis, and addictions.
What is covered:
• Common signs and symptoms of mental health challenges.
• Common signs and symptoms of substance use challenges.
• How to interact with a person in crisis.
• How to connect a person with help.
• Expanded content on trauma, substance use and self-care.
Lunch will be provided. Please wear a mask for the duration of the training. Thank you!
In partnership with Integrated Services of Kalamazoo.