- The 24-hour HELP-Line is available to anyone in crisis and can be used by individuals of all ages.
- Critical Incident and Stress Management Debriefings, coordinated by Gryphon Place to dispatch volunteer teams to groups that have been impacted by a traumatic event.
- Suicide Prevention programs provide suicide prevention education, broad awareness sessions, customized training and targeted interventions.
- Survivors of Suicide Support Group (SOS) is a monthly support group meeting for those who have lost a friend or loved one to suicide.
Taking Care of Our Community After a Crisis
As our community reacts and responds to the tragedy that we experienced here, know that we are here for you.
Looking for emotional support? Please call 269-381-HELP in Kalamazoo County | Call 1800-649-3777 in Calhoun County | Call 1-800-922-1418 in VanBuren County | Call 1-800-717-3812 in Berrien County |
Please Dial 2-1-1 for access to local services including crisis, trauma, and grief services.
Prefer to text? Text HELLO to 741-741 to reach the Crisis Text Line.
It is common to experience a variety of emotions following such a traumatic event, including shock, sorrow, numbness, fear, anger, grief, & others.
Please reach out and get the support you need. For more information about crisis services and the helpline click here. You will find some resources to use and share below.
- Tips for Survivors of a Disaster or Other Traumatic Event: Managing Stress
- Tips for Survivors: Coping With Grief After Community Violence
- Tips for Survivors of a Disaster or Traumatic Event: What to Expect in Your Personal, Family, Work, and Financial Life
- Tips for Talking With and Helping Children and Youth Cope After a Disaster or Traumatic Event: A Guide for Parents, Caregivers, and Teachers
- Tips for College Students: After a Disaster or Other Trauma
- Managing Your Distress in the Aftermath of a Shooting
- How to Talk to Children About Difficult News and Tragedies
- From The Office for Victims of Crime: Support for Shooting Victims in Kalamazoo, MI